We are looking for an inspired Back-End Engineer with Ruby on Rails experience to join our growing Swedish based R&D team. Your responsibilities will evolve around web back-end architecture where you work in close collaboration with stakeholders both within the team and from other departments.
This is a full-time position based in Gothenburg or Stockholm, SE but the role can also be remote.
What you can look forward to with Burt Intelligence:
- Great international & diverse team
- Flat hierarchy
- Encouragement to learn new things and grow with the business
- Flexible working time and location
- A journey to provide insights that matter.
As a Back-End Engineer at Burt you will play an important role in technical know-how and future development of the Burt platform. Working within the cross functional R&D team your job will be to research, plan, estimate and deliver new capabilities as well as maintenance and iterations to the architecture that will serve both current and future development. It’s therefore crucial that you engage in why things are important and to whom, as well as liking that your job constantly requires you to learn new things when faced with challenges to solve technically. Overall working at Burt is being part of a journey where everyone plays a key role in the company's success.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to vision for the web back-end architecture in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Security and uptime management for web applications
- Maintenance and updates of API capabilities
- Authentication and authorization for user handling
- Active participation in planning, estimation and development of new features and product capabilities
- Responsibility of planning work in a way where it can be broken down into smaller iterations
- Communication and internal information sharing within the organization
Who you are:
- Genuine passion and interest for development and a never-ending curiosity of learning new skills
- You like complex problems and challenges as well as taking charge when things get a bit messy.
- You are strong in regards to technical communication and applying good software-engineering practices
What you'll need:
- Matureness in Ruby on Rails
- Web back-end architecture experience and/or working experience from mid/large commercial web application.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to easily communicate complex ideas and interact with others
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in an appropriate field or equivalent experience is preferred but not required
- Additionally, it’s a plus if you'd have experience from working at a product company within B2B SaaS, experience with AWS and/or Angular or have worked with open source web development.
Does this sound interesting to you?
Do you see yourself in this job? Please send us your application explaining why this job caught your attention.
We look forward in getting to know you!
Burt Intelligence is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.